If you are experiencing a message along the lines of ‘Camera busy’ whilst on the full website, though this article will still be of relevance, this article might help you get started more quickly: http://support.homemonitor.me/customer/portal/articles/1563509
The first thing to note is that these messages are perfectly normal if you are trying to complete more than one instruction before the camera has been able to receive and process your first instruction. This sometimes takes a little longer than when on your computer because there may be less bandwidth available to a device on a Wi-Fi network or 3G/4G connection. It is often worth dragging down on the HomeMonitor page, as this will often refresh the page, waiting a few seconds, and then trying to press the button again.
You may also encounter this or a similar message if your camera is set to a motion recording schedule. In this case, if the camera has been told not to record on the schedule, then you will not be able to override this from the app or mobile website. Rather you will need to head to the full website (https://monitor.y-cam.com/login/) and make changes to your scheduling.
Finally, your camera may be struggling to complete your phone’s instructions if either your phone or your cameras do not have the internet speed necessary to process these requests before they time out. You can check your internet speed at http://www.speedtest.net – this will need to be done on the same network as your camera to find out the bandwidth available to it.
With our standard definition models (the HomeMonitor Indoor and Outdoor), both phone and camera will need minimum download and upload speeds of 0.25 Mbps. With our high definition models (the HomeMonitor HD and HD Pro), both phone and camera will need minimum download and upload speeds of 0.5 Mbps.
If the issue persists, please get in touch with us here: http://support.homemonitor.me/customer/portal/emails/new.
It would be useful if you could include the following information in your message to help us diagnose the issue more quickly:
- The model of phone/tablet you are using, and the operating system it runs (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.)
- The version of this operating system it is running (usually found by heading into your phone’s Settings, and then the About section)
- Could you check that you are running the latest version of the HomeMonitor app? You can check this by heading to your phone’s App Store and ensuring that there is no prompt to update the app
- The error message you are receiving, and when
- Whether this affects you when connected to a Wi-Fi network, to 3G/4G, or both
- Whether this affects you when using the mobile app, the mobile website (https://monitor.y-cam.com/mobile/) , the full website (https://monitor.y-cam.com/login/) or any combination of the above
- The speed test results acquired when visiting http://www.speedtest.net