Setting your camera up with a different Wi-Fi network or wireless key.
Whether it belongs to a friend, family member or yourself, setting up your Y-cam on a new router is easy. You can also change your wireless key (Wi-Fi password) using the method outlined below.
- Find the Ethernet (network) cable that came with the camera
- Attach the cable to the back of the camera
- Attach the other end of the cable in to a spare port on the back of your router
- Power on the camera
- Visit the HomeMonitor website and login - https://monitor.y-cam.com
- Go to "Camera Settings"
- Click on "Wi-Fi settings" button for the camera you are setting up
- The system will then scan for any available Wi-Fi networks and display them
- Select the desired network from the search results
- Type in your wireless key/password at the bottom of the page
- Press 'Connect to Wi-Fi'
- Y-cam will verify the connection
- When you see a successful confirmation message, disconnect the Ethernet (network) cable from your camera
- You can then position the camera where you want it to be