- Find the Ethernet (network) cable that came with the camera
- Attach the cable to the back of the camera
- Attach the other end of the cable in to a spare port on the back of your router
- Power on the camera
- Visit the HomeMonitor website and login - https://monitor.y-cam.com
- Go to "Camera Settings"
- Click on "Wi-Fi settings" button for the camera you are setting up
- The system will then scan for any available Wi-Fi networks and display them
- Select the desired network from the search results
- Type in your wireless key/password at the bottom of the page
- Press 'Connect to Wi-Fi'
- Y-cam will verify the connection
- When you see a successful confirmation message, disconnect the Ethernet (network) cable from your camera
- You can then position the camera where you want it to be
- Post a Public Question
- Email Us
Welcome to the Y-cam Support Centre. Search for the information you need in our help topics and guides, or email us for private support.
What information should I include?
If submitting an issue about an existing HomeMonitor account, please include relevant information to your problem, such as:
Your Account Name
How camera is connected
Device you are using to access
If you don't know this information, don't worry, our team will help you find the information you need to get up and running.
Can I speak to someone?
We initially deal with all support enquiries through email so the best person possible can help you as quickly as possible. Most issues can and are resolved by email, and much quicker than by phone. If a phone call is required, we will arrange a set time to phone you back so we can get you up and running. Contact us now.
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm GMT
(Rest of World)
For customers living outside of the UK, we will respond to your query as soon as possible. If telephone support is required, we will contact you at a time that's convenient for you.